Welcome Welcome to Mischief Manged, a marauders era Harry Potter roleplay. It's just your average livejournal roleplay, but the only characters that can be taken are those from the marauders' time. Meaning: James Potter, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and so on. Feel free to apply, and enjoy yourself! :D
Plot The mods are still working out the nitty-gritty details of the plot. So far we know that (obviously) it takes place during the Marauder time period, and it'll be starting at the start of their 5th year at Hogwarts. James will most likely be courting Lily, but they are by no means 'together' yet. The Marauders have long since found out about Moony's 'problem,' and of course, they haven't told a soul. From there, it's up to the players to decide what will happen!
1. If you want to join, you must be willing to devote time to actually being a part of the community and interacting with other players. You must be active in commenting, posting, and roleplaying.
2. Don't fight with other members! Fighting between characters is fine, and in many cases expected (James and Severus? Come on.), but causing problems with other members is just not cool. There is no exception to this rule.
3. There WILL be spoilers in this community, including from book six, so I'm going to give you a fair warning now. Hey, I hate spoilers too, but the more information we have about our marauders, the better this roleplay is going to be.
4. No "godmoding" or overuse of, say, Avada Kedavra. You can't just kill of someone else's character- that will make them very unhappy. D':
6. We are SLASH FRIENDLY. If you don't know what slash is, you might want to look it up before joining. We're open to any and all pairings, so make sure you're willing to be open to them, too.
5. Don't do anything to permantly screw up what's canon. I.E.: We all know that eventually, James must end up with Lily, or else dear little Harry will never be born! You're welcome to let him experiment around if you like, but don't have him suddenly decide that Lucious Malfoy is his soul mate. Sound good? I thought so.
6. You need to have AIM, and it needs to be listed in your character's user info. This is a necessity! That's where any off-community roleplaying will take place, after all.
7. Go ahead and post the roleplays you do through AIM on the community so we can all see what's going on, even if our characters can't. XD
8. If there's anything, ah, smutt related in the roleplays... make sure it is LABELED. Some people, one of your mods included, don't really care to read that sort of thing, so you'll make them extremely unhappy if you don't label it. :D
9. When applying, you need to give us an example of how you roleplay, so we know we're accepting someone who can play their part well. :D
11. Obviously, only characters from the Marauders Era are allowed, so no Harry, Ron, or Hermione. We want characters like Arthur Weasley, Lucius Malfoy, and Bellatrix Black instead. XD
12. No original characters for now.
13. Your character is yours; no one can temporarily play them for you. As such, you may not temporarily play other characters. This means that you may not play other characters through your own, even if they are not yet in the community. DO NOT not write your character's interactions with characters not in the roleplay. This is simple courtesy for those applying to the community; they may not want to run with a plot you inadvertantly set up for them.
14. BOW DOWN TO YOUR ALL-POWERFUL MODS AND WORSHIP THEM Enjoy the roleplay. :D
Application Form If/when you decide you want to join and have read the rules, fill out the form below and post it by commenting on the first post in the community.
Out of Character Information Name/Alias: Livejournal: E-mail address: AIM: Anything else we should know?:
In Character Information Character you want to play: Sample of writing: (This is the most important part! We want to know that you can play your character well! :D Write your sample as though you were roleplaying, please. This means third person, not a sample livejournal post or dialogue that includes other characters.)